Monday 29 September 2008

This Isn't The Door...

Well.. Well indeed. Summer is here I believe, the weather is immense. A goood week, although I’m suffering for it now. Actually, it was a cracker of a week.Monday - Did a cheeky wee shift at work, Treasurers conference, in question and answer all day. Actually pretty interesting in places. Some quite high profile speakers. 1 of the client team was giving a bit of chat, nice blonde but too stuck up her own ass. Not that hot anyway. Arcane Corps practise at night. METALTuesday - Same again, Q&A all day, although this time the speakers weren’t as interesting…it was all about tax. My god. I was hallucinating. Kept imagining I took my phone out my pocket, but actually I didn’t. fucked up. Was knackered by the end of it. Walked past emondo, Kristine said I looked like id just come from work, I said ‘that makes sense’. Then she brought me a pint over, n I was like NOO I need to go. But I took it anyway. Thankyou. Went home for a Chinese, it was very good. Waiting for the bus at the Tryst bar, police car goes past with lights but no siren and turns into the pub. Then another, then another, then a van, then a jeep. They were all doing dodgy driving. 3 of them going across the roundabout at the same time. And stopping dead with a car right behind them. Driving with no lights etc. Then an ambulance came. And eventually they all left. Wonder what happened…Wednesday - Q&A in the morning. Seems Dyson have invented the solution to shit hand dryers in toilets. Its amazing.(as far as hand dryers go.) Went home for a quick snooze, and was back in to man the concierge desk at 6. Finished at 11. Taxi to odd fellows to meet Stina and Niketa - saw Claire too. Vodka. Liquid rooms. More Vodka. Joe came and it was his birthday. Saw many people. WE DO NOT CONFORM. I was wearing my suit. Good crack. It reached a point where we were standing still, and niketa would just fall. Like I cant figure out how she managed it. More than once haha. They left. I boogied for a bit. Then left. Halfway home realised I didn’t have my keys. FUCK. Text flatmates and luckily Ali got it, and let me in. phwew. Thursday - Set my alarm for 630, giving me plenty of time for a 730 start. I did wake up, but next thing I know its 745, Wilson text me. Sprinted in and made it for 8..no one noticed. Although they may have noticed that I was a mess, stinking, and talking utter shite. Was mashed up. It was a long and tough day, very tough. ARE THESE FLOWERS FOR ME. Finished up, and swung by Emondo for 1 drink. 5 pints later, I was on my way. Went up to liquid room and thank god they had my keys. So relieved. My god. Walked home and slept a good sleep.Friday - Gig in Arbroath with the Marvels, supporting parka. Debuts playing too. Drove up, via Burger King. Got to the venue. The weather was so nice. On the beach where they found that head. Parka were sound checking, DISCO DANCER. What a tune. Drove about trying to find a cash machine. Discovered that instead of going for the norm, and Spreading cash machines out, Arbroath decided to put 10 cash machines in a 20 metre radius of each other. Nowhere else. We played our set - the place was dead. We didn’t get on til about 11. Most of the set went well..andy had blood pouring from his finger for the whole set. Something went wrong with scapegoat(ie we didn’t remember it) so we only played 5 bars of that. Got chatting with some nice young girls, Anderson and Diamond. Good crack, I liked them. Had some banter in the band room. Some fight started outside because someone was hit by an arrow. Turns out Parka didn’t get to play…they ran out of time… supplying all the equipment, on their headline tour…and they don’t get to play.. How shit. Always happens in Arbroath. Drove back to Edinburgh with a very intense conversation about stuff like Hitler, killings, death, genocide etc. quite intense considering it was post gig. Madness. Got home about 3. Saturday - chilled for an age. Dave from Arcane Corps came round to go over some tunes with me. Played some Mario Kart too. Went to see Carrie doing an acoustic set at the wee red bar with Craig, Kieran, Pete, Liam. They girls that Carrie calls friends were there too. Was a good set, couldn’t stop laughing during Better Off This Way because the wee red bar looks like where we did the awful video for the song. We went to Rush after. Rush is evil. Evil. £1 a drink fucks you up. I don’t know what happened. I wanted to have a good night out, go to the hive or something. I ended up in bed by 1230, because I was so fucked. Too much vodka. I got a kebab tho. So its all good really. Sunday - Got woken up, in my comatose state, at 930 by some guy standing in the meadows with a microphone, shouting ‘May The Fourth Be With You!’ and other random shit. I was so pissed off. Properly raging. Had to go and sleep in the kitchen, but I didn’t figure this out for 2 hours.I had a craving for greggs, but mike was being uninformative. Eventually ventured out for a sandwich at 3ish. Got a beast, it had 3 bits of bread and was awesome. Picked up by Dave and Jones, and went for an arcane Corps(its pronounced Core btw, like the army!) practise, before our gig at banner mans(if I don’t do them as separate words it changes to anurans). Dave T’s mate Stu came to film us. They had been hitting it pretty hard the night before. In the practise room, theres a double door. Stu opened the first one, to be met by the second door. Said ‘This isn’t the door’ looked round the room for the other door, and was so confused when he didn’t see one. It was so funny. They were both mashed up haha, amazing. Headed to anurans,(you know it lol) for the gig, we didn’t get on till about 1130. Bit gay but whatever. Gig went well, considering I only know half the songs. Went up to the hive for a post gig 1 drink. didn’t work. I somehow convinced myself that an 845 start in the morning is late. So I got hammered in opium. Hazel was there(of course). Walked home about 3am, had some drunken phone chat with Corrine and Mazza. This week should be fun. Frightened Rabbit on Tuesday, cant wait. Beach party on sat, and recording with the Corps on Sunday! Aii good stuff. Currently, some cunt is in the meadows playing the bagpipes, and Im trying to sleep for my 530am start 2moro. Fuck.Party

No comments: