Monday 29 September 2008

The Puke Is In The Post

Struggling to recover from my flu/cold/shit/cunt, by the weekend I started to party, which kindof helped things along.Monday - Day at work - My changeover staff(all of them) were late, and 2 didn’t show up. I was raging(why its just a job..) and pissed off..almost walked out. If anyone had said anything bad to me I would’ve punched them. Tuesday - Started to feel a bit better, due to getting on the lemsip, and getting a decent nights sleep. Half day at work, Nice and simple. I pulled Vicky off her(my) seat, looked kindof painful.. Not to worry she got me back the next day. I think I went home and slept after that. Wednesday - Half day at work, yet again. Vicky hit me in the eye with a book of tickets. Pretty sore. Pretty funny tho. Went home for a decent feed. Then drove down to the church for gospel practise. It was ok.. They don’t have enough band members for what their trying to achieve, but taken for what it is - its quite good fun. A real sense of community, and enjoyment from everyone, who doesn’t take it as serious as some other projects iv been involved in - its quite refreshing. The priest gave us cake too.Was considering going out, but was too ill.Thursday - Woke up, and kindof found my eye was hurting a little bit - went to the mirror and had a black eye. Damn that vicky! Wasn’t that bad, but a few folk asked me if id been punched! Had a practise with the marvels, which was pretty cool - had a rubbish steak pie tho. Ugh. Went home and slept(I think) Friday - Crush n the Monkeys practise(Finally!!) Game on, good fun running through some of the old tunes. I wish I’d wrote Cigarettes and Alchohol etc. After that, went to buy Mario Kart - The guy in Game gave me a 5 min spiel about why I should of Pre-ordered it, and and have no chance of getting it for 2 weeks. Bla bla, I told him sorry, and Id pre order next time. I then walked into Zavvi, and the guy was like ‘Yeah, we’ve got loads’ Fuck You game! Mario Kart is shit hot btw, buy it and race me.Then walked down to Mercat to see john at work, wearing a gay wee uniform haha. Makes him look like an old fashioned hair dresser. He let me borrow his cymbal stands, which was good. Got the bus home, then drove to johns to pick up his stands. His cleaner let me in, and looked like she was shutting the door…. Apparently not. One of the cats got out, so I had to spend 10mins helping Johns mum catch the cat. I was late enough as it was! Drove to Dave T’s, through intense traffic. Picked up the rest of the kit. Finally got to Cab vol, and we realised there were no wing nuts for the cymbal stands!! To banana row to get some cymbal stands. Finally back to Cab vol, in time to hear Capstins polo sound checking. These guys are proper dated. Boring. Got ourselves sound checked, then had a nice 10 minutes to relax before getting on stage. Set went pretty well I must say, sounded good from where I was. Good feedback from the audience too. Packed up the kit and headed home. Got a lift into town, and met stevie etc at the tron. Couple drinks, then to rush. Lots more drinks. Then to hive. Met Joanna there. Wasn’t in there for long. Speaking to this girl, and then she starts smashing drinks on the ground. The bouncer assumed it was me - of course a girl would never get mental and start throwing drinks on the ground. So that was me chucked out. Walked home in the pissing rain. Saturday - Aidan came up in the evening for a small spot of Mario kart and some pizza. Then went to see Mike doing his acoustic stuff at fresh.. Pretty good. Stop at the flat to pick up some vodka, then to Riego street for a party. Shouting WAKE UP UPSTAIRS for 30 mins before realising they were awake and partying with us. Pretty raj party. Mike and aidan tried to do an acoustic version of halo(is there any other kind?) But mike STILL cant play the fucking song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come ON!! 123123. During this, we noticed a girl was hangin out the window(2nd floor) so we had to drag her in. She simply said ‘I was just picking up my bag’ use the stairs next time ya raj. I threw up after having a shot of vodka. I HATE IT. Aidan shagged some drunk girl in the toilet, what he didn’t realise was that me and mike had already watched her going in there with 3 other guys. …sloppy 4ths aij..good one. - Good Job tho!LT was pretty fucked and some cunt fucked her ipod and drank her vodka. She was going mental. After ages we calmed her down, and I took her to get a taxi. She fucking ran across the road in front of a taxi, almost getting herself killed. Was so close. Scary shit. She let me know that ‘The Puke is in the post’ Which I thought was a crackin line. Sunday - Went for a flat shop at tescos. Im still getting a hang of this shopping malarkey and as such, bought some shite. Went home and got a text from Kat saying she was playing the blue blazer. Figured I aint seen her in ages. It was surreal. 8 folk sitting in a circle, with Kat playing, no mics or anything, totally unplugged. Was really good. I read the setlist out for her. Stuck about for a couple pints afterwards to catch up. I was walkin home past cav, thought id swing by and see who was about. Managed to jump right to the front of the que. Like 30 secs of queing. Luckily, I had the power to resist. Went home and slept!Got forward russias new album out plus their gig at King Tuts this week - Another set of Kats to watch, and Carries birthday. All good crack surely!!Take it Easy!

No comments: