Monday 29 September 2008

Hail! Hail!

Didn’t actually go for a night out this week… which must be the first time in forever. Good week all the same.Monday - Got a phone call at like 10am from Charlie, fuck that, threw the phone away. Phoned him back when I woke up at like 2. “can you come in early” Fuck off!! So I went in at 4 to help out the guys, we had a full squad(7 or 8 or 9 or maybe just 6). Good banter, but im not really sure why I had to come in. Turns out 2 of the cleaners got sacked that day for getting caught on camera; drinking vodka, shagging, and then trying to drive away hammered. Whoopsie. We jested that if we were to do the same at that point then they couldn’t sack us, due to the fact that there would be noone to replace them. Indispensable. Jested as we do, that’s a stupid thing to do obviously..DON’T DO IT!Got a call on the radio when having my tea ‘CRUSHER we need more grassy beer gardens, where are you’. Piss off. Got changed and went upstairs. Was john Lewis annual party. A fair number of hot girls. Also Debbie, Barry, and Nadia (not saying that your not hot, but you get separated). Good banter all night, then cleared the cromdale thanks to my team of merry waiters. Thankyou. Tuesday - Spent some time recovering, then learnt some Arcane Corps songs ahead of our jam. Then I cooked some tea for the flat - Taglitelle plus a tub of Carbonara sauce. Starting simple, il advance into a master chef within weeks. Went for a Jam with Arcane Corps, I liked it so I now play for them. Its good to be playing metal again, that low C has never sounded so good. Its really fast, and its cool. Wednesday - Host. RBS AGM. Protesters, police, disputes between shareholders, we had it all. And they ran about an hour late…cunts. Got an hour off to go shopping with Jill and John for my Bob Dylan costume, courtesy of the EICC. Marina was meeting Maisie in emondo afterwards to catch up. So me and Wilson went, and rounded up batesy. Tori Campbell and Kristine were there too. Got pretty pished actually. Went back to the flat where the guys were having gay night. I feel I must explain, gay night is where my flatmates get curry and play computer games like Half life and counter strike; Rather than bumming each other. Me and Maisie played Mario kart. Thursday - Went into emondo where Tori finally cooked me breakfast!!(well a pastry, but its all good!) Then met Jill and the photographer outside the EICC, where we took some cool photos of me dressed as bob Dylan, recreating the Subterranean Homesick Blues video. Went and got some shopping etc, then went back to work. Don’t remember exactly, but pretty standard day.Friday - Mad assed shift. Started at 6pm, finished at 5am. The hosting section was a good laugh, everyone was fucked! Some girl was screaming at me cos she’d lost her ticket. I told her for 20mins that she had picked her jacket up over an hour ago. After a while, and her language getting more and more offensive, her husband came with her jacket. Some guy fell asleep in a chair. Was tempted to drag the chair outside. Quite a funny night. Afterwards, we had to clear the cromdale, completely. My squadron cleared the chairs for me. Then I cleared the dance floor, we were making excellent progress and could’ve been away by 4. Then the other guys sat down. I was like what the fuck are you doing, lets finish and go home. Fucking bastards, was raging, and almost walked home. Then they went for a cup of tea, fannied about. I can understand mucking about during the day, but theres no point in it at night time, I just wanted my bed!!! Cunts. Got home just after 5. Saturday - Recovered from epic shift. Got told major and steve were having a party, arrived to find no party. Nice night so we had a couple drinks in Inver Leith park. Met Roisin too. Walked back and I got a kebab.Sunday - Went to watch the old firm in the IB, which is a fucking awesome pub for celtic games. And its right next door. Great atmosphere, singin loads of songs. Crush n the monkeys practise at night, spent the day finding songs to do. Practise was alrighty. Next week - Lots of work - good to get money again. Giggin on Friday in Arbroath with the marvels, supporting Parka which should be a good one. Then gigging on Sunday at Bannermans with Arcane Corps. Looking forward to that even though im still learning the songs!!Chill!

No comments: