Monday 29 September 2008

The Lost Art of Blogging

Well.. What can i say.. I’ve not really been keeping up with my bloggage have i?? I’v been so busy doing loads of awesome stuff that i’v not even had a chance to write my blogs. Coming up as soon as i get the chance, is a fucking awesome weekend in Kingussie, drinking, hunting cooking etc – shit hot; a equally good if not better weekend in Berlin, Just lots of random utter shite..dont think any of us knew what planet we were on. AWESOME This blog is about the week of my birthday.... so...Monday – Didnt start work till 230, which is probably for the best – since the night of cav was taking its toll on me. I think that was the night when Jammy and Beth crashed at mine for a while.. this is the trouble you have writing about things that happened almost a month ago..you cant remember. First day of Citrix i believe – a bunch of boring computer people who like to make you think their the coolest people in the world! They have smoke and lights and entrance music and everything – you’d think it was the killers coming on stage, rather than some geeky cunt. I really hope i went home and slept.. Tuesday – Citrix kicks off big style, and im in charge. This is one of the biggest events of the year i think, 1200 cunts. Piece of piss. 13 hour shift. Went home for some energising. Wednesday – Its my birthday! I had stupidly agreed to work in the morning.. so i went in and it was a shit day. Wilson was 2 minutes late, so he got stripped of his Team Leading duties. Crazy day, people were just being cocks..and its my birthday, gutted. Noone had anticipated that on the last day of a conference, delegates bring their bags.. and so we had 1200 folk wanting to leave their bags where we had no room.. with the only guidance “You cant refuse a bag”. So it got to a stage where we were taking them, and putting them down at our feet. No order whatsoever. And they kept coming. Once things quietened a bit, i managed to set them in some mad order, but an order nonetheless. Then i left. Before i did tho, I was given a homemade card from Margaret, signed by everyone..the card was class. And inside the card.. a £50 note!! I was shocked, couldnt believe that. Thankyou! Went up to my folks for my birthday presents etc, had some lunch etc..it was cool. Went to Vittorios for tea with my mum and sisters.. cracking food, although everytime i leave there i’m always mentally full. Went to the tron and met Mike, John Aidan. Started getting pished. A lot of folk showed up which was good! There was a whip round and i was given a dirty pint. While i appreciate the sentiment.. i cant down pints of beer, never mind a pint full of dirty dirty spirits. This was really embarrassing, and not one of my finer moments. Taking a drink of the dirty pint, throwing up into empty pint glasses on the table. Repeat, repeat, repeat. All the while folk are shouting at me STOP! Stop! Except john, who’s yelling “DO IT”. I figure, just do it eh. Kept going for a while, threatened some ppl with spew darts. Have to apologise to the barman who had to clean it up. He was gagging while doing it... puts a grim spin on the birthday celebrations. Up to liquid room, and for johns present to me – he carried me all the way. Sound. Into liquid, a lot of time dancing, and a lot of time in the smoking area. LC is LC. Oh btw, forgot to mention – Kara made me this awesome collage thing with lots of photos on it(and strangely a lot of Kaiser chief lyrics haha) but its brilliant! Anyways, yeah liquid was class. Me and Gillian went to the swing park after and played on the flying fox, and the disabled swings, and the round about. It was fun. And shall be a tradition. We also discovered a Massive tent that we’ve never seen before. Like bigger than King Tuts. Asked for some tenants, and some guy got out his car and chased us. Made it home satisfied. And pretty tired. Thursday – Had a band practise at 12, which after managing to get in the shower, wasn’t all that bad. Until i started falling asleep, i just couldn’t hack it. Got home and went right to bed! Awesome. Friday – Setting up for the Arty party, pretty heavy going day as i remember it. Who cares tho. Saturday – Working the desk for the arty party. Lots of kids..lots of drums.. lots and lots of noise. Was a good laugh most of the day, some cool stuff going on. If your 6. This blue gargoyle pissed the security guard off which was funny. Finished at 4, went home and slept/packed my bag etc etc etc. Now, im gonna leave Sunday for now – and include it in my special Kingussie blog – cos it does deserve a blog of its own. Hopefully il get that done soon...maybe tomorrow night! Thankyou, goodbye. See you tomorrow.

No comments: