Monday 23 February 2009

Highways of Gold, Where Do They Go

So – Fairly standard week as per usual..nothing too exciting happened... Suprise! I’ve still not found a job, it’s fucking shit. I have however decided to put a proposal to the government, to grant me £3 Million to investigate the cause of the credit crunch. Where did all the money go? I reckon that some stingy old bastards gotten hold of it, and is sitting on it laughing his head off. Bastard. £3 million should cover the costs of the investigating(i.e a magnifying glass and a bus pass) and still leave some money to cover living expenses for me.

Monday – Up nice and early, went for an epic run around half of Edinburgh. Was totally fucked after it, especially seeing as the home straight(from Nicholson street) i was running into the wind the whole time. I’ve decided i don’t like running that much. Went to put my phone into the repair shop – fucking joke. It was my mum’s birthday, so we went to the mussel and steak bar in the grassmarket - pretty good like, pretty good. Felicity had some crazy amounts of seafood, didn’t look too appetising. Up to the house after, had some pizza and used the computer.

Tuesday – Went to pick my phone up, i don’t like spending time without it..thats bad isn’t it?? It’s still fucked! You didn’t fix it you dicks. Got back to the flat – look what i have now..new recovery disks..and they seem to be working! 8 hours later, and my laptop is back online! Game on. In this time i went for an interview in some strange office filled with old men..hmm. Don’t think i did much that night, marvelled at my new laptop back to exactly how it was. Yes. John came up to chill for a bit. Nick and Craig went out to some night.

Wednesday – Realised i had lost half of my numbers in my phone when they gave me my phone back. Great. Its still fucked. Met Aidan in town, he had a craving for a McDonalds milkshake..dunno why, their shite. Walked down to Neil and Helens, spent some time their and met their new girl Skye – i like her, she’s cool. Likes to laugh. Went back to aidans via a proper chat about music and the future and shit. Developed the planning stage for my investigation. Watched Step Brothers which is pretty funny. Pretty funny. Aidan’s folks fed me, then i headed back to the flat. Sleep. Considering i’ve not been doing much, I’m always so tired!
Thursday – Went to the phone shop yet again, and handed my phone back in. Spent the rest of the day looking for a job..still not found one. Can someone not just please give me some money!

Friday – Went to pick up my phone, got served by the assistant manager who was a rude bastard. I was tempted to put in a complaint. I switched the phone on, and it was still broken. So i was like mate, its still broken. ‘oh right..give me a minute’. He went away and came back 10 minutes later and was like ‘that should be it’. Yeah thankyou. So i wonder, what the fuck had they been doing with it for the past 3 days if it only takes 10 minutes to fix?? Bunch of fucking dicks. Oh, and i discovered an hour later...its still fucked!!
Movie night wooo! Aidan and Mike came over, we realised that we didn’t have any movies to watch haha. We started watching Predator 2. Such a funny film. The guy on the subway has just unloaded a clip onto the predator, with no effect.. He looks lost for a few seconds, then goes “Yeah” – reloads and fires some more. Its not gonna work you twat! Craig saved the day by bringing the wrestler. We then went for a mile long walk in search of coke. It’s a pretty good film, although a bit too arty etc. Luckily, unlike WWE, it didn’t contain a warning saying ‘Do not try this at home’, so i stapled a 10 dollar bill to mikes forehead.

Saturday – Didnt really do much, looked for a job. Went up to my folks to see my dad. Had a bath, went to bed. Simple.

Sunday – Walked up to the flat. It is officially summer. Prepared some shit for the day. Aidan picked me up, and we went to the depot for some Crush and the monkeys practising. We’ve decided to start learning some new songs, so we kicked the ball off with Sex on Fire. Piece of piss. Good jam..i don’t see these guys enough. Finished off and Aidan drove me to daves, for yet another band practise. They were playing before i had my earplugs in..thats some loud fucking shit. Damaging stuff. Ran the set, then drove up to the ark. Stood there for a while, went to burger king. I asked the girl what the £1.99 meal was. She said ‘Cheese burger or double cheese burger’..ok double cheeseburger. ‘£2.99 please’. You just said it was part of the £1.99 meal! Bloody hell. Back to the ark, and we went to the pub below. Mini Paramore was working on the bar. She poured dave a pint, and that was possibly the first pint she’s ever poured. Pretty funny watching, she obviously didn’t want me standing watching haha. Next one was better though! Went up, had a soundcheck, and played the gig to some people. Was alright, i spent alot of time on the drum riser. I couldn’t hear anything except kick drum. Maybe that’s cos i was on the drum riser. Still, pretty fucking loud. Jones gave me a lift back to the flat, and i went to bed. Excellent.

Next week – Someone give me a fucking job! Come on. Pancake Tuesday is gonna happen. Anyone want some pancakes, come on round! Little boots playing at cab vol on Thursday for free which i quite fancy. Its that time of year where all my bands play on the same night. Friday 27th - Marvels at sneaky petes 8.30... Arcane Corps at the Hive 9.45. both are about £5..if your loaded, then go to both..if your skint come to neither. If you have some money come to one, bear in mind.. The Marvels are indie..Arcane Corps are Metal. Saturday brings about pub golf. Sunday may well find me going to London to see Metallica. If someone would like to sponsor me, 50p a day can make a difference. I was well touched by an add on tv today, i almost sponsored a little girl, before realising i don’t have any money myself!

Rock on you crazy bastards.

1 comment:

imissmooncake said...

oh no! i thought little boots was on friday before erol? gutted i'm gonna miss that. nice post x