Wednesday 18 February 2009

You Really Love Me Underneath It All

Seriously got the ball rolling this week..Things are back on top! I still have no money, but its all sick as fuck! I don’t even know what happened at the weekend, it was good fun.

Monday – Up nice and early, having crashed at my folks. Sent some emails and stuff, headed into town for some job hunting. Time goes so quickly when your having fun. Theres not enough hours in the day! Back to the flat, very quick tea and off. Had an appointment to get rid of my friend Jemima. I don’t like hospitals. Their a wee bit scary. The woman went out the room, and came back with this machine which looked to me as if it was a laser cannon or something, I was like what the fuck is she doing to my knee! Turned out it was the worlds oldest polaroid camera. As smart as doctors are, I think their sometimes too smart for their own good. A question was, ‘Have you done anything to traumatise it?’. Yes.. I have actually, At least once a week I’ve been showing it videos of other things similar to it getting brutally destroyed… It’s a bit of fucking skin, how the fuck can I traumatise it????? Anyway, It was so big, she didn’t want to attempt to remove it herself – so I’ve been referred to a plastic surgeon! Haha. Give me a boob job too!

Tuesday – Up early again(ish) Went for a nice sprint. Headed into town and did some job hunting..usual script. Did some proper phoning about to try and get my laptop and phone fixed. The laptop folk have now realised they’ve sent me the wrong disc..and are now going to send me an almost identical one, except the last digit of the serial number is a 2 instead of 3. I’m sceptical that this will work. However.. they are the experts. They were trying to get me to extend my warranty aswell.. £80 a year..no thankyou.
Phone people were slightly more helpful, although my phones still not working properly. Arcane Corps practise at night! Pretty good fun! I just love bashing out that low C; It makes me feel alive. Can’t wait to get back gigging with them.

Wednesday – 730 start at work. I prefer to do early shifts, because it gives me the rest of the day to myself. The bad thing about the earlys, is that it’s always just me and a bunch of old folk, who lovely as they are, they talk aren’t much banter, and just talk a fair bit of nonsense. I was saved today by Daisy, who I’ve never really worked with before… She was pretty good banter – just helping me scope out the talent! Seems that there’s a fair amount of shit going down at the EICC these days..which I don’t think I’m really allowed to say here, since I technically “Don’t know” about it, and its some proper shit. Headed up to my folks and did some preparation for my trial lesson the next day. Made up some cool templates and shit like that. Ended up just crashing there, because again, time escaped me.

Thursday – the great thing about living in polwarth, if I have an early start at work, I can roll out of bed 15mins before my shift starts, and still make it on time. At hunters tryst, I am not afforded that luxury. Up over an hour before my shift starts, bloody knightmare(I’m aware I spelt that wrong, but it looks fucking cool!) Bloody buses mean I’m 20 mins early for my shift. Like old times, I walk past Emondo and Corrines there! OMG. Go in and chat to her, considering this is like the 2nd time I’ve seen her in like 6 months. I miss you corrine, where are you hiding! Also, whenever I walk past Emondo know, I never know anyone who works there.. occasionally Kristine, but I rarely see her! Anyway, on to work, and it was much the same as the day before. Joanna was my saviour today!
Went back to my flat to read my emails on my wii, and prepare for my lesson. Time somehow escaped me yet again! Ended up jumping in the shower, having a real stress about whether I was gonna make it to the lesson on time – not giving myself and margin for getting lost. Just when I thought I was fucked.. it came into sight! Cool lesson, taught the wee lad how to be a master of bass.
Back to the flat, ready for a sprint – nick makes me play fifa. Ah no time! Quick bowl of pasta, went to meet craig and marc in Chanter(I don’t know why, I was only there for 5 mins) Seen the guy from the View. Went down to bannermans and met laura. Had a quick drink, and headed into the mill. Hey, theres Roisin and Laura!! Not seen you guys in ages. Oh, your going to the hive… FINE il come. But I wish I didn’t have £40 in my wallet, cos I really cant afford to spend it. And if I go out with it in my wallet..chances are I will spend it.
Support band were decent..although basically background music. Broken records were really good. But this is one of the WORST audiences I have ever been a part of. Someone actually turned to Laura and said “If you are going to make noise, then you can go up the back” He then proceeded to spend the set standing there in his gay suit jacket and pink-striped shirt looking like a knob, not even clapping at the end of songs. The band asked “Why’s everyone so quiet?” (Being really quiet, and standing at the front) we shout ‘Cos that dick made us!!’ We spent the rest of the set totally ripping the piss out of him. It was so funny. I really hate gigs like this.. Don’t go to a gig to be cool.. go to have a good time, otherwise you ruin it for the real music fans! Some sour faced prick was standing behind us all the time with his arms crossed. Come on guys, get a grip.
Headed over to bannermans after, bumped into Justice, had a couple drinks then headed up to the hive! A word of warning – NEVER go to the hive on a Thursday. It was totally dead, which was fine – we were like we can just get drunk and listen to whatever music we want. i.e. Journey. Go up to the DJ, and he’s like “Na mate, only got Jungle with me innit.” NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. So we try to go to Cab Vol, only to be told come back in half an hour, cos roisins too drunk. Dunno about her, but Laura was 10 times more drunk than her haha. Went to opium for half an hour solid drinking, forgot about cab vol. Craig and Marc met us. Drank a fair whack. For some reason we went back to the hive..which is just shite on a Thursday. Laura was so trashed, it was great! I think I fell on the ground at some stage. Went home in a taxi via the all night bakery. I was determined to spend all my cash, so I paid for the taxi and the bakery. Went back and started watching music channels till 6am or something. Woke nick up who had work at 7. oops. I had never seen the video for Underneath It all, that’s a great song! Decided we should all get either pokemon red or blue – and 3 weeks from that night have a pokemon battle. Haha. Pikachu go!. Wandered about with my duvet on my head before going to bed.

Friday – Woke to discover Laura and Roisin had made a super sleeping bag by zipping two of our bags together. Haha. I like it. We were all so hungry, but all too hungover to move! Taped ‘Britney Spears: From the beginning’ Pure class. The girls were amazed by the fact I knew the order of Britney spears singles from the beginning. Common knowledge. Made some bacon rolls. Went into town to get my phone repaired. Was walking along princes street, seen a guy eating a Cadburys yoghurt. I thought, hmm what a strange thing to see. I then seen 2 more. Thought, hmm..interesting..they must be friends of his. Then I seen more and more and it dawned on me – They are giving them out! Quickly made my way along the street and got 1! I love them. Bumped into Claire, and discovered she’s a radio DJ. You think you know someone. Seen Marco and Carlo, I miss their banter..its crackin. Went into the phone shop, realising I had to leave to get to practise. Made it to practise about 10 mins late. Dave was over an hour late! I was not annoyed, because of his story – He first phoned me, saying ‘Just at princes street, will be 10 mins if I can get a bus soon’. 20 mins later, he phones me, saying ‘I can see the end of the road, but the bus is stuck in traffic, I wont be long.’ The practise room is at dalry. I spoke to him for a couple more mins, and it transpired that he couldn’t see the end of the road that the room is on…. He could see the end of a random road, and he was actually in easter road!! He then told me his bus would take no more than 10 minutes. I found this so funny that I wasn’t even slightly annoyed!
OK practise, was good at first – We were writing a classic tune. Then we realised it was an exact copy of Mountains by Biffy. Haha. We were so gutted that this seriously reduced morale. Headed up to the flat and had a few beers. Finally got a taxi up to studios, and went in for Justices Blues night. Blues musically typically sounds the same to me – but it was a different night from usual. Cheap drinks too! Headed homeward via Cappadoccia.

Saturday – Spent the day vegetating. I was somehow totally fucked from the night before. Watched 4 hours of Guitar Legends on MTV2, finally motivated myself to go and get a shop. Mike came up, we were gonna go to the cinema, but we realised maybe this wasn’t the best thing to do on Valentines day. We were then gonna go up to Claires, then hit the hive, but mike bailed. I almost fell asleep so I did.

Sunday – The three of us were up at like 830. I went for a run, nick made pancakes, and I’m not sure what craig did exactly. Old firm kicked off 1230. Not too exciting a game, 0-0. Watched some more football. Went down to the cinema to see B.I.G. I was gonna get a pass, but the woman told me I needed some photos and shit. So I was like fine, I’m not going to the cinema then! I’m not gonna pay £7 for 1 film, when I can pay £12 for infinity. Bumped into Kat, who’s going to South America soon! Crazy. Back up to the flat, and watched the Milan Derby(not Milan vs Derby). The commentary was 5 secs ahead of the footage, which got rather annoying when anyone took a shot! Watched some of Superbad(which is an excellent film!) then went to bed pretty early.

Next week – Mums birthday, hopefully this is the week I get a job. Oh I got that bass teaching job – So I’m now a fully qualified Bass teacher, I just need some students now! They shall come soon! Anyone?? Should have a couple interviews etc.. Maybe a haircut is in order. I’m totally skint, so won’t be spending much cash atall. Gig with Arcane Corps at the Ark on Sunday 22nd! If anyone fancies getting their metal on. Btw, check out I Haunt Wizards – Their pretty gay, but theres something really great about them!
Peace out!(what a crap phrase!)Btw, my phone is now in for repair – So please contact me on 07920408286!

No comments: