Sunday 8 February 2009

I Fly Like Paper

Well, this takes the saying ‘Living in poverty’ to a whole new level. Looking at my bank account after the weekend… I was within £40 of my overdraft limit..woohoo. Anyhow, when theres a wok theres a womb..turned out to be a fairly crazy weekend, and I still managed to fill my quota of takeaway food!

Monday – My laptop is still totally cunted, developments have happened, but only making it worse and costing me money. Visited my parents to use their computer facilities. Trying to do my cv up etc so I can get a job that actually gives me enough money to pay the rent. I was gonna go watch Architects but turned out I had a band practise. Maybe this was Tuesday actually. Anyway, didn’t manage to make it and fairly gutted since they sound awesome.

Tuesday – Same story really, except without the architects. May have had another band practise. WOOOO. I wish one of my bands would do something interesting.. boredom is setting in.

Wednesday – Who knows, who cares..not much happened but it was all good.

Thursday – Went for a vegetarian all you can eat curry with my dad for lunch.. I would have quite like a nice chicken dish in there, but that said, it was a pretty good feed. Met Ben and we went to guitar guitar to sort some shit out for him, case wise etc. I had a look at things I could touch but not buy, and caught up with Billy and Chris. John, Tristan and Rory came up to the flat, which was particularly nice since I hadn’t seen Trist or Rozza in months. Had a few beers, and they managed to convince me(john dangled money in front of me) to go to Lulu. Rory was fairly smashed by the time we left the flat, having not touched alcohol in over three months. Taxi to Lulu, arrived 10 mins before it opened so we went to Candy Bar for 1. Bar girl wouldn’t serve us cos Rozza asked her for ‘4 coronas and a kiss’. bitch. Next girl gave us some shots so it was all good. Into lulu and hammered the drinks down us. This continued for a while. Trist was the first to bail, calmly throwing up at the table full of people WHOM we were sitting with. As john tells me, I lasted till about 230 then got thrown out for being hammered. Good fun. Lost my Jumper in the process.

Friday – Woke up fairly cunted, realised I had a band practise shortly. Hurried down, turned out the singer was 1 and a half hours late. Not very good in my books when I could’ve had an extra 1 and a half hours in bed. So I went in search of a lunchtime Chinese, then watched youtube videos with Stu and Dave. After a while Mick turned up and we realised what happens when you don’t practise for 2 months. You turn shite. Went home and slept. Grabbed a kebab, Aidan, Dom and mike came over and we got a couple films from blockbuster(first time I’ve been there for years). There was a conversation about keeping a tesco delivery driver in the flat to make pancakes for minimum wage. Always. Pineapple Express was pretty fucking funny like. So much unnecessary violence. Loads of sweets and reeeaaaallly cold profiteroles.

Saturday – Went to watch the Huns game with Nick, shite game. Nick got possibly the best looking Gammon Steak I have ever seen. I had a barely average Steak Pie. Gutted. Nick was finishing his pint, and we were just about to leave..when the celtic game came on Taliban Tv. Pints in. Hoops scored within 5 mins, and we realised it wasn’t a good idea to shout out loud when there was a group of fairly big, very hammered hibees next to our table. Back to the flat, John, Aids and Trist came round and we started drinking. Got some pizzas, and the pizza man tried to out do us, so we outdid him. Fucking good pizzas though. Suited up. Taxi to Ashleighs..Possibly the best house I’ve ever been in. The ‘Porch’ had a snooker table, cinema, kitchen, toilet, Jacuzzi. (no Jacuzzi, but I think that was on one of the other 4 floors!) Great. Stayed there for a while, had possibly the longest game of pool ever. Some guy who was being a dick to john came over and was like ‘I’m a dick’ so we were like, yeah we know you are..DICK. Went to Opal Lounge where it was £8 to get in.. my monetary situation was not getting any better. We were in the VIP section, but couldn’t get in after going to the toilet. Me and Aids went to hive, met Lucy who was gonna get us in for free and que skip. I got us the que skip, cos the bounce knows me as a Bassslut. It was a massive que too. No free entry for us though..not too chuffed, that brought my total in entry fees for the night to £12. Hammered down the cheap drinks, danced with people who I may or may not know. I Certainly recognised them, but I couldn’t tell you who they were. Harrys birthday too! Ran home after that.

Sunday – Slept until about half past four, then went up to my folks for some Haggis..i love haggis.

Next week continues the string of poverty.. its fucking great. Going to see Boycotts/Ritalin kids at a free gig Cab Vol gig on Saturday – if anyone fancies it? Then heading to Maisies new flat for a party after that! Bringing crush and the monkeys back into the fray on Sunday!! Oh yes.

No comments: