Sunday 8 February 2009

More Than A Feeling

Good weekend. Didn’t do much throughout the week.. just trying to get a job. Trying to fix my laptop, phone, money situation. Somehow, even though i was unable to withdraw any money..i still managed to get suitably pished since i’ve got some immense friends who buy me loads of shit. Once i get some money, i’m gonna take everyone out for steaks. Onwards..

Monday – Didn’t do too much – scoured the internet for jobs etc..its all made fairly tricky by the fact that my laptop doesn’t switch on. Good fun.

Tuesday – Same script, working until 10 – Sammy the Salmon was in. He was about half an hour late. Leaving 300 people upstairs becoming slightly agitated. Craig met me after, and we went up to Biblos for Beccas birthday. Twas alright, but we didn’t know anyone. Claire was there, wearing a swimsuit. Funny. Headed home.. and i had to get a kebab. Cappadoccia is our king. Ace.

Wednesday – There was a gig at cab vol which i quite fancied going to.. but in the end i couldn’t really be bothered. Just chilled to the next episode.

Thursday – Working all day. Had some national heroes in, including that bird that wears a cloak and runs about the woods, Rebbeca Hadlington – Signing a book, and some paralyimpic heroes. Charlie Granleese set up a stand aswell and signed fans of the dalry speed lane. Didn’t do much that night, i think i may have watched some shite film.

Friday – Had a band practise with the marvels, was alright – dave forgot about it so turned up 40 minutes late! Not a bad practise. Pretty cool. Started drinking with craig in the flat about 6ish, just watching music tv. Met Steel and Bookta on the bus, and we went down to the new Yorker. Mike bought me drinks and a pool membership. Craig and mike had a royal rumble, last one standing on the pool table wins. It was booring.I got given an Oscar for being the best pool player. I hammered mike. Even though i was a little tipsy, and i couldn’t distinguish the white from yellow. I tried to hit the yellow. So funny. I’m not sure how i was playing so badly. I used my geometry skills to ensure victory. Everytime im at the new Yorker, theres always drinks lined up. So i’m never without a drink. Reebo and mini paramore came down too. Got a taxi to the hive, downing cider in the back. Had to que for aaages. Mike paid me in and bought me loadsof drinks – good lad. Hive was usual script, although i think it was the first time i’ve ever stayed till the end. Cos i wasn’t that drunk. Still drunk tho. I had my get your rat out t shirt, so lots of people got their rats out for me. Standing at the cocktail bar(why is there a cocktail bar in the hive?) some girl turned round and gave me a B52 bomber..which was very nice. Tried chatting to her later, turned out her boyfriend knew me as thrasher, and he worshipped the ground that me and fisher walk on. He wouldn’t tell me his name tho. Leanne went to the bar, and came back with her ear bleeding profusely(medical term for a medical student boom). I was like how did that happen, ‘i got my ear pierced’ At the bar???? What kindof bar is this! It was so funny, and we all got covered in aids. It just keeps bleeding, keeps keeps bleeding. Paramore didn’t seem happy that she was getting called paramore..so hence forth i knight thee with the name LUCY. Me and craig headed home, met john at faith. Walked up to cappadoccia and watched/helped john eat a kebab.

Saturday – Woke up, slightly hungover and decided i would play Zelda, which i hadn’t played since last Sunday. This is when i made a horrifying discovery. I had been robbed. Someone had been in my room one day, seen that i had an N64 WITH expansion pak. They had come back the following day. And swapped it for an identical N64 WITHOUT the expansion pak. Its maybe worth £10, but WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE DO THIS?? I was in disbelief. WHOM? I just can’t get over why this has happened. It means i can’t play Zelda. It makes no sense how anyone could do this. I mean come on. Fuck.
Spent the rest of the day wondering how the fuck this could have happened. Went up to the tron to meet aidan and nikita. Headed down to cab vol to see Boycotts – Aidan bought me some drinks. Expensive drinks. Boycotts, shit hot – probably the best i’ve seen them. The guy that was reviewing them guffed halfway through the set. Up to the tron, aij bought me some more drinks..thankyou. Nikki met us, and We bumped into Lucy and her friend Annabel. Now, i’ve generally stopped doing the whole ‘i’m called crusher because when i get really angry i crush a baby’s skull with my bare hand’ thing when i meet people. However, for whatever reason, i sensed that Annabel was a little gullable.(i’m sorry!) i fed her the story ‘when i was born, my parents didn’t know what to call me, i wasn’t an immediate ‘John’ or ‘Patrick’. So i was nameless for about a month, when one day, with my little baby hands, i crushed a can of coke into pieces – And my parents were just like ‘Thats our baby, Crusher’. She was totally buying it, then nikita was just like ‘Na he’s talking shite, his names Chris Usher’. Gaelic football was on the tv, and i swear to god that is the craziest game invented. A mix of football, rugby and basketball. The goals have a net, and a set of rugby posts. Who the fuck invented it? Also, the scoreline was like ‘Dublin 2-15 Cork-1-12’ What the fuck does that mean?? Haha. Love it. We’re gonna start a team. Went down to cab and watched Ritalin kids. Their a barry band like. Harry is our ginger god. He’s just immense to watch. They take my favourite bits of muse, and make songs out of them.(i.e. Caves) Enjoyed it like i enjoy good shit. Me aij and nikki went up to maisies party with bottle of vodka. Got there, and started pouring. Now, me and aidan have a game harking back to berlin, introduced by sasha. It goes 123,1234. Generally quite a quick count. Nikki did it, but counted extremely slowly.. so our(fairly small wine glasses) had about 80% vodka, and literally like a splash of coke. The coke was diluted, it wasn’t even black! Nikki got fucked fairly quickly, i miss drunk nikki! Its so funny. She constructed a suit of armour made of baking paper. A helmet from a bag. Armed with a spatchela and a colander. So funny hahaha. They both went to the hive – but i was like na im staying to get crunk(shite word like – it means crazy drunk). Got smashed, and don’t remember what happened, although i think at one stage i was hanging maisie out of her window by her ankles. Walked down the road with laura at about 5 or so. Got back and had a pizza. Fucked. Thanks for drink aidan.

Sunday – Crush and the monkeys practise at daves. We were all fairly rough. Good fun. Video’d a few tunes which is cool, except i can’t get it on the computer cos the usb port is fucked. I’ve decided that since i can never remember what happens at T in the park well enough to blog it, i’m gonna take a video camera for extreme video bloggage. Went up to my folks for some tea and stuff.

Next week, still struggling onwards with no funds or anything..i hate it. All the same, still enjoying myself. Prospect of a job comes closer, an agonising encounter with he tooth fairy, and a gig. Bye bye.

No comments: