Friday 26 June 2009

Hive On Tour: I Love Water

Day 3 – Sunday –

Crazy thought just before going to bed at 7am.. I’ll set my alarm for 8.30. Stupid and of course I never heard it. Woke up at like 10.30 in my nappy. We all started showering. I went in and was like what the fuck. The strangest shower I have ever seen. It had your typical shower head, another bigger head that pointed down, and 6 nozzles that pointed out. There was a knob that you could use to pick which of the nozzles you used, but it made no sense. That could have made for the ultimate shower bath, but it was in a tiny cubicle. So strange. I came out and asked the room if anyone found the shower completely confusing ‘na mate(in an aussie accent), it was just a shower’. They then pointed out that on the door to the one I used, there was a sign saying ‘DO NOT USE’ oops. As I came out of the shower the girl shouted something Spanish and pointed at the sign that said check out was 11. Oops. Aidan still had to shower, so It was almost 12 by the time we left. Just dropped our keys and ran. Good effort.
We were off to Aqua Land!
Made our way to the bus station and spent ages trying to figure out which bus we had to get, and where we had to get it to. Etc. Some spanish man helped us. Got on the bus, which was jam packed and so we had to stand in the aisle with all our bags. It meant that a lot of jumping and squishing and just general maneuvering had to be done whenever anyone wanted to get off the bus. This hot bird just laughed at us. We got off the bus and got some pizza. La Quenta. Good pizza. After that we asked a taxi driver to take us to Aqua Land.. he just laughed. A bad sign..haha. We got there, and it turns out we had read our flyer wrong(it had 9euros plastered all over the front of it), it wasnt 9 euros each..it was actually 20. Made no sense, but whatever, we were there. We asked the woman if there was somewhere we could store our bags(and we clearly pointed to our bag(quite big), she said yes of course. We found the lockers and they were fucking tiny. Like they could barely hold a football. We spoke with someone else, who told us to wait, and we spoke to the manager who kindly let us keep our bags in his office.
This place was exactly what we needed. Massive slides, loadsof girls in bikinis - excellent. The first slide we went on was pretty standard - 4 slides that go down together. Pretty good fun. A wee boy before me did a complete spin. It was awesome. I tried it and hit my head. Next me and Aidan did this half pipe thing where we sat in a dingy. It was so fucking scary, I thought I was gonna go over the edge, or fall out of the dingy. It was pretty cool tho. All the life guards here are super hot. The one for that ride was dressed like tomb raider. (Womb raider haha..so immature). I think next we went on this one called the black hole which was pretty awesome. Next was Kamikaze... The name says it all. You spend like 30mins climbing the stairs, and you can see africa from the top. They call it a slide, but you essentially freefall with your arse lightly touching some plastic. Its fucking awesome, I'm pretty confident That is the fastest I've ever travelled(this is the biggest I've ever been). I just about took off. In complete contrast to that, the next one had a massive que, and was utterly shit. I literally had to push myself along for three quarters of it. Near the end there was a big dip and I managed to get enough momentum to go the rest of the way. I have never laughed so hard as when Aidan came round the final corner and into view of me, still pushing himself along. He actually stopped dead just before the end and just jumped off into the water. So shit, but so funny. The last one we went on was so funny but awesome. You basically sat in a rubber ring and went down all these poofy slides. Kindof like what water rafting(what water rafting? WHITE WATER RAFTING!) except less intense. We acted like Idiots so the hot life guards could save us. I splashed one with water. They were not up for banter! Went into a cold jacuzzi which sprayed water on my face. It was so confusing. We decided to call it a day after one more shot on the Kamikaze. Went to pick up our bags, the manager was not impressed with us dripping water all over his office(but to be fair, what the fuck did he expect!) Walked to the bus station, picked up an Ice Cream(I SCREAM!) which was fucking cracking. Got the bus to La Linea De La Contraception. Craig had the worst bus Journey ever because some bitch had leant her seat back meaning craig had no room whatsoever. I, on the other hand, had a fucking awesome journey, because this Girl was fucking stunning, and her leaning back gave me an absolutely cracking view. At some stage she turned round and smiled at me, before stretching her arms and breathing heavily. I was tempted to ask her to marry me. So hot. We got off the bus at like 1130pm, having not even looked at hostels. Thats what happens when you're hungover. We made our way into town, trying to ask random people where to find a hostel. The first 3 people we asked ignored us completely. Quite strange. Eventually someone helped us, and we found A hostal. Interesting fact, the word 'Hostal' in spain, is equivalent to a bed and breakfast here. So we had private twin rooms(it worked out about 20 euros each), with ensuite bathrooms. This was exactly what we needed. Fucking great. There was a restaurant next door with a menu of the day. I had some Paella(not bad, although there was no way I was eating that shrimp..it had eyes!), followed by a Steak(slightly bland, no sauce..but it was decent). After that we went straight to bed. Pretty good to get a good nights sleep, Even if it was slightly hot(or roasting!)

Tomorrow - We visit Gibraltar, Monkeys, Caves and Britain.

No comments: