Monday 8 June 2009

He's Holding Back He's Hiding

Again, due to the busyness/laziness of me, this blog is outdated by a good couple of weeks. All I can do is apologize, but at least I am writing it, and I am trying to catch up! Gig on the Monday night – which turned out to be pretty mad, and pretty much just working the rest of the time!
Monday – Worked the phone job during the day.. Woke up at my parents and got a lift up the road. I believe I bought some essential items from morrisons. Phone job was alright – I can’t remember if there was issues with my internet connection(actually I think this may have been one of the rare occasions when there wasn’t) Just as I was finishing at 6(like5.59), some crazy woman phoned me and ranted absolute shit for 15 minutes. Her husband was abusing her because some guy from ‘my’ company had come round earlier in the day to do something, but she hadn’t paid attention to what he was doing, so she couldn’t tell her husband what the guy had been doing, so he was calling her an idiot. How this is my problem I have no idea. Strange woman. Finished up and made myself some tea. I cant remember what I had(this is like 2 weeks ago!). I was bored with the music on my ipod so I plugged it into Craigs laptop to get some of his tunes on it. It gave me 2 of marcs songs(which I’m sure are great! But not quite what I had in mind). Something funny went on with Craigs laptop too. Oh well.. Spotify, Can you feel the love tonight! I got to the gig about 3 hours after I was supposed to...oops. The guys soundchecked without me apparently. It made them appreciate how lost they would be without me. Andy produced a setlist which our management had emailed to us, insisting that we play those songs. Luckily it was almost identical to our usual setlist. If anyone has ever been in sneaky petes, Its fucking tiny!(pretty cool too!) The headline band, Amazing Baby had no joke these massive orange stack amps, filled half the place. Pretty funny though. Pretty cool too, I got a beasting bass tone. I did feel sorry for all the punters who didn’t have earplugs. The bar had a Jager machine. Which is essentially an optic the size of a fridge. Slightly pointless, but really cool. The barman was just covering for his mate, so I took it upon myself to ask him as many awkward questions about the venue as possible. We had a marvellous chat about the future of the band... although it’s typically all talk and we probably wont follow through with it that much. We shall try. Craig and Marc came down. We used craig’s I pod touch phone along with my skills as a hacker(I am W32) to break into sneaky petes wireless, and find out the answer to the question ‘which male sang ‘a whole new world’ and beauty and the beast’(£1 for whoever can give me the answer, and craig..you are not qualified to enter). The band on before us were kindof cool. A number followed by a word, so it was something like ‘6 degrees’ or ’25 chairs’. We went on after that. Managed to sort out our rider with the promoter... giving me 2 free bottles of Tyskie. Mick decided(i didn’t realise he had been drinking all day, and I did encourage him in this) to go for 2 jagerbombs. We played the set(we had not practised for fucking ages!), it pretty well. Mostly. The first time I noticed something wasn’t quite right was during the outro to 3 versions of time – We have pushes while Mick plays some fancy thing on the keyboard. Micks part just sounded like a mash of notes, and I was a bit like wtf. Then in our last song In, theres a big fancy piano intro. Mick spent 5mins trying to remember how to play the intro. Normally I would be pissed off, but it was so funny. He didn’t know what key to play in, or where to play the notes. In the end we decided to just skip the intro and go right into the song. That went fine, although his piano solo at the end was kindof ‘interesting’. Went up and got my second Tyskie after the set. Amazing baby were on next, they had supported MGMT on their tour or something, it was pretty busy. I half listened to the band from the back of the room. They seemed ok. After their set I was chatting to one of the guys – For 1, he had a metallica T shirt on, good effort! He was like ‘oh god, I can’t believe I threw up’ I was like, oh right earlier or that? ‘no, onstage during our set’. It turns out that 2 of them threw up on stage because they were so fucked. That is so awesome. By this stage I was getting quite up for partying. I had convinced Craig aswell, although Marc went home. Met some of Micks mates, Kat and VAG. What an awesome name, Vagina. We got some Jagerbombs. Cheap cheap cheap. Nice barman. We then went to the hive. We basically had all our equipment with us, but the cloakroom at the hive was shut. Luckily JT appreciated our issue and put them all away for us. We then went hammering onto Jagerbombs. Proper style. We invited the bar girl to our party cos she looks like someone we know. Also, she was hot. We asked the dj to put on various songs, including Can you feel the love tonight, Britney Spears, and Black Cherry(whatever that song is.. ). The DJ said ‘NO rock’ and then went on to play Black cherry(which is quite clearly a rock song). Yet he would not play any of the others we requested. We danced around a broken glass for a bit, then went to drink some more. I kindof lost track of what happened the rest of the night, I cant really think what happened... all I know is that I spent under £10.. and craig spent over £40... I probably owe him a drink or 2! Anyway, various things happened and We ended up in Craigs room with 2 lesbians(or bisexuals as it were, although they claimed they loved each other..) Unfortunately, Nick had his exam the next day, and this was the one night that we weren’t definitely not to bring people back. But lesbians!! Oh well, He passed!
Tuesday – Worked the phone job 12-6, as I said I think this was a rare occasion where my net was working. I spent most of the day listening to different versions of Can you feel the love tonight, and at the same part of each version(Why won’t he be the king I know he is) I would stand up and put my arms in the air. Totally fucked likes! I don’t think I did much that night(this is the trouble, this actually happened almost a month ago!)

Wednesday – Phone job during the day... I have a feeling my net connection started to fuck up... pretty substantially. Back at the old EICC for a night shift. I cant remember what happened really, It was pretty a pretty dull event though. Barely got away on time at 2 oclock. But I did, so it was ok.

Thursday – I’m just going to try and avoid writing stuff that I cant remember, apologies.. But I really want to be caught up before I go away on holiday(that means 4 blogs in 2 days. (p.s. its not going to happen!) I taught in the afternoon, don’t know what else.

Friday – Worked as a host in the morning, It was pretty good seeing everyone again(everyone was talking about my hair, which I got cut fucking ages ago!) I worked at Biddys that night. Some bird gave me £10 tips! What a legend. I love people who tip. Kara Hazel and Lucy came into visit me. They got fucked up. They were like ‘can we get a shot please’. I gave them half tequila half sambuca, loaded with bitters(which is apparently poisonous). They danced with some Irish guys, who then started shouting at me for drinks. ‘Chris’ ‘Chris’. They were all pretty fucked, but Hazel was absolutely wrecked. She came up again and could barely stand haha. I gave her some water. I looked over, and they were in the corner, with Hazel looking like she was gonna throw up on the floor. I shouted at Kara to get her out of there. So she did. Ralph was saying that whenever my mates come in they just get totally fucked out their tits. To be fair, that is what we do. Maybe a little too often. Some guy totally trumped Hazels close call with the puke, by pissing against a pillar inside Biddys. I kicked his cunt in. What a twat. Lucy was stotting about after, so I told her she could get a taxi with me. I went in to book the taxi, Came out and she was gone. Oh well. They ended up at opium and had some carnage. Sounds quite funny actually. Hazel was funny though.

Saturday – Worked at biddys at night. I think I watched some kind of football during the day. John had finished his exams and was happy. Speaking to Mikey and he was saying how fucked my friends were, as well as that he could tell my sister a mile away. Average shift as I remember. Went home to sleep after.

Sunday – Again, I may have watched some football. Covered a shift at the links bar. Was alright, A lot quieter than Biddy’s, good for a change. Met a couple cool people. Some drunk guy made me go through James bond films in order, and give the year and the actor who played james bond. Inevitably, I was shite. Some French cunts were in to watch the French football. I got a burger for tea...With egg, haggis and tattie scone on it! Very messy..but awesome. I thought I was on until close, but I got let away at 11. Mike had text me saying they were at cav and I should come down. I assumed it would be DMH, Jakil, and various other people who had been to the gig. It was Mike and John, plus Duncan, duncans bird, Chloe, and her mate. I fucking hate cav. I am never going again. I paid £7 to get in!(I cant believe I actually paid that!). It was shit. John spotted me a £10 for the night cos I couldn’t be arsed going to the cash machine. Checkout number 7(Jaqueline) was there with a couple friends, Ruben, and Jewel(i though her name was Jules until she added me to facebook!such a cool name). I walked back with them, cos mike was hiding in a bush with number 7. Btw, he was being a dick for some reason. Jewel’s feet were hurting, so I offered to carry her, but instead she walked along the (wet) street with no shoes on. Ruben for some reason, decided to take his shoes off too. But insisted on walking along the middle of the road. Also, Ruben thought my name was Courgette...I didnt bother correcting him. Got back to mine and chilled for a bit, talked about cereal deals in morrisons and the like. Eventually Mike and Jaqueline arrived. Mike was quite the gentleman and took the supersleeping bag for himself. I gave Jaqueline a variety of fur garments to keep her warm. I listened to can you feel the love tonight while I slept. Awesome.

Next week – Kara’s last week in town, and I think I see more of her this week than I have done in the past 6 months. I visit dynamic earth, play a gig. Rugby final at the weekend..fucking nightmare. I’m going to really try hard to get up to date! Keep the faith!

No comments: