Tuesday 24 March 2009

What's The Blue's When You've Got The Greys!

Bit of a hectic week – probably the most I’ve worked this year! Didn’t really do much other than work! Managed to get sufficiently drunk on Saturday night too.

Monday – Took a nice walk up from my parents to the flat. I can’t remember what I did during the day.. nothing too exciting I don’t think. John came up to get himself changed, and gave me a lift down to Biddys. For my first shift, i was meant to get a 2 hour tour/induction with one of the managers, plus 2 hours shadowing one of the supervisors. Basically got a 15minute show round with one of the supervisors and then put behind the bar. Haha. Took me most of the night to get used to everything, but i was getting there by the end of it! The night before St Paddy’s day in an Irish Pub.. Fucking rammed! It’s a really cool pub actually. Loads of Irish folk. When I was told i would be working till close, i kindof assumed that I would get away about 130 or so. It was half past 3 before we got away. Fucking mental.

Tuesday – Spent basically the whole day sleeping. Didn’t do anything. Had the day off work which was probably a good thing.

Wednesday – Did an 11 hour shift at Biddys. 9am-8pm. Loong. My first day of working with food, which was a whole other ball game(kindof..not really). Nine times out of ten that day i forgot to put a table number with the order, so i was the bane of all the other barstaff’s life haha. I managed to get one order so wrong that it produced 3 spare All day breakfasts.. so i had one for my lunch. Spent an hour or so in the keg room hurling kegs around, putting them in some kind of order. Got my trousers absolutely filthy. Quite a long day, and i was knackered by the end of it. Got home, put my trousers in the wash, had some tea, scanned and emailed a contract for a new job i’m starting soon.. Put my trousers in the dryer, went to bed.

Thursday – EICC from 8-1. Got up, had some breakfast, ironed my trousers and went to work. Some boring council thing was in.. cant really remember... bit of a sausage fest. Everyone i seen was like ‘oh my god your hair’ ‘oh your so handsome’(it was a man who said i looked handsome haha..) Maria said I looked sensible.. look being the key word. I’m gonna try and keep working their on Thursday mornings, just cos while its shit doing that job 40 hours a week or whatever, there can be great banter. Caught up with Rory and Ross, had some lunch – some Ben and Jerrys ice cream. First time I’ve ever had it actually. It’s basically Ice Cream..but good Ice Cream! Chocolate Brownie flavour..basically like eating a really cold chocolate brownie.
Got home and had a shower. Sent a couple emails, made a couple of phone calls. Grabbed my teaching equipment and jumped on a bus. Why do people speak to me on buses?? I’d left my ipod at home, some old woman sat next to me and was like ‘would you like a toffee’. I would have actually quite liked one, but i’ve been told never to take sweeties from strangers, also she was talking utter shite to me and i just wanted her to go away. Lesson was cool, jumped on a bus back. Got back about 530, went to bed for a power nap. (actually..something happened inbetween here..cant remember what exactly) quick power nap, listened to some biffy clyro... on an aside from this whole thing.. I would like to express my frustration at bands putting samples of tracks on their myspace, I want to hear the whole fucking song! I’m typically not gonna buy something if I’ve only heard 30 seconds of it. It’s not good marketing you twats. You know who you are you stupid GAGA and CYRUS! Also.. Youtube taking down all its fucking commercial music videos! Jesus.
However.. i discovered a solution.. which I’m sure many of you are aware of... SPOTIFY. You can basically stream almost any song that has had a commercial release(metallica not included, although any self respecting music fan will have their entire back catalogue on CD anyway, so thats not a big deal) and its fucking great!
Anyway... Listened to some biffy clyro, Set my alarm for 630. Woke up, had a jammy dodger and brushed my teeth. Aidan picked me up at 645 and we went to see ESRE at the Picture House. Free tickets on the door for us, score. The picture house is pretty impressive, and had a great sound. I managed to stick the wristband onto my arm hair, and it was a fucking pain to get off. Met Sam and Stalker. There was some crappy school bands, some of whom were not too bad. Some of whom were bad. A highlight(kindof) was a band all dressed in white doing some kindof crazy dance with their feet.
ESRE came on last, and played a pretty cool gig. Personally wasn’t too impressed by the setlist.. too much lo fi pop music and not enough Rock/funk. All the same, its a great thing they’ve got going on and it was pretty rocking. Andy Taylor(daves bro) was doing a good job of working the crowd. We were gonna go to the pub for 1. But in the end all just headed home. I got a nice kebab, and made friends with the kebab man in pizza corner. He said he liked my hair cut. Had 1(!!!!!!) game of Fifa against craig, which turned into about 5. Had an absolutely intense game, involving 2 sendings off, 2 injurys, 4 goals, and 2 goals in extra time and penaltys!! Eventually got to bed.

Friday – Got up, and i planned to stay in bed until work that night. Nick had finished his dissertation the day before, and thus got fucked, and thus was still drunk on Friday morning making noise and stuff.. i was just like fuck off mate! But in the end i got up, and we went to Teviot for some food. Before leaving the flat at midday, nick had a shot of tequila then ran across the road and bought a bottle of magners! He was so fucked, it was absolutely hilarious watching him walk along the road. He tried to buy some guys dog off him, and he couldn’t stay on the pavement without falling off! Great. I got a Mexican burger at Teviot, it was epic. Nick phoned up some collection agency who is threatening him with court action and gave them some pretty funny chat. Nick just started shouting at them “you owe me £10”. Haha. Nick was playing football in some newspaper football game or something, so we went down to the meadows to watch. I knew he would do something funny. His first kick of the ball, he tripped over it and his forehead thudded off the ground. Absolutely brilliant. He had to go and sit off for 15 mins. After the game they went straight to the pub. I went home, had some tea and went for my first run in over 2 weeks. Totally went a lot faster than i should have, and ended up totally fucked. But that was the first time this year that i’ve worn shorts. I cannot wait for summer!
Headed into Biddy Mulligan’s for 8. I swear to god, that place is always full. Some guy walked away without paying, so i went after him and he was like ‘oh sorry mate, i totally forgot!’ to say sorry, he gave me £5 tip. Crackin. Good night, i felt in control and knew what i was doing! Got away about 130 aswell which was cool! It was Laura leaving drinks before she goes to Australia. I got a phonecall from them just as i was leaving, and i went up and met them in cappadoccia for the walk home. Lauras presence stopped me from getting a kebab. For the first time ever, i just got chips. Laura was absolutely smashed, so funny haha. Maisie was pretty far gone too. Martin seemed alright, he used his height to open a bottle of beer off a road sign for me. We went to the swing park and played on the swings for ages(i don’t know why, since i was up very early the next morning!) Pretty good fun. Got stuck on the see saw type thing because I weigh more than laura haha. Just about fell off the round about. That swing park is amazing. To think I’ve been drinking there for 5 years. Love it. Love summer. Laura and Maisies departure was filled with tears..me and martin just stood there. Mine and lauras departure was less emotional, but still sad! I shall miss her craziness! Got home about 3am, went to bed.

Saturday – Up at 8 for work. Fucking tough. Made it into work though, and soon felt good as new, even though i hadn’t had much sleep. I did a good job again, i seem to be settling in pretty good. Always remembered to put table numbers in when doing food, and i even changed a keg. I did cut my hand on some glass though, which was a pain. Super Saturday, 3 games of rugby. There was a que outside from about 4 oclock. Could barely move in the place. Absolutely crazy. I finished at 7 and promptly left. Went up to the tron and got a pint and a half in with Ahmed. We each took our turn in the disabled toilet to let off a good shit. He took about 10 minutes! Went down to cab vol for DMH’s gig. The troops were out in force! James and Andy, Tam, Dom, Barrie, Smith and Hashy, Kara and her parents, Fay and Jaqueline, Leah... absolutely loads of cunts. It was barries birthday too. I love that guy. After a tough day at work, i was quite up for getting smashed. I asked the girl on the bar what was cheapest, she was like ‘most things are £3.50.. but this is £3.80.’ So i started drinking Tyskie at £3.80 a can.. which is a great beer. Infact i think i promised the bar girl i would buy a crate for my flat haha. Started to get drunk pretty quick. I made Jaqueline swear to put a photo of me with her glasses on facebook. I asked how she knew Fay, and they said they were lesbian together.. and then they had a lesbian moment which was pretty cool. DMH’s set was good! Goodbye is a tune. Bye bye. Btw.. did steel come out to the hive? I cant remember. We went up to the tron. I assumed that my cut would have scabbed over from the morning so i took my plaster off. Apparently not.. It started bleeding everywhere. The barman in the tron wouldn’t give me a plaster for ‘health and safety reasons’. How does that make any sense?? Surely covering up a wound which could drip blood into people drink’s is a good thing for health and safety?? Strange. I got fucked really quickly since i hadn’t eaten much all day. Went up to the hive with Dom, Tom and his mate. Tom wasn’t really up for it, so they went to Why Not. My hand was still bleeding at this point, Junior was an absolute legend and patched me up nice and good!. Me and dom just hammered the drinks. We ordered 2 double vodkas and lemonade, and dom wanted some red bull, so we got him a double vodka red bull.. i remembered i had my 2 for 1 card so i was like ‘and double it!’.This is really bad..i can never remember stuff that happens in the hive haha! Serious its bad. I’m not really sure what happened afterwards, but ended up standing at the top of middle meadow walk for ages with Fay, Aij, Dom, Tom and his mate. We were all going separate ways so we just stood there for ages. Eventually walked home.

Sunday – Woke up feeling a bit rough. Got a phone call about 930 from andy at biddys, asking where i was cos i was supposed to be there at 9. I was like oh right i didn’t know.. should i still come in? So i went in. Struggled on through the day, it was busy, but not that busy. There was a group of guys in from about 3 doing alphabet drinks, i thought that was a pretty good effort! A good thing about working at a pub is that i get to watch some football while serving people. Lunch was tough. My head started spinning. On the whole it was an ok day, but by the end of it I was totally ready for bed. Finished at 6 and walked up to my folks. Food, Bath, Bed. Bliss.

Next week – I’ve got Monday off thankgod! Working Tuesday, and the weekend at biddys. I should be starting another job at some point soon aswell! I don’t plan to spend much money, I might go to see the Dykeenies on Friday if I’m able to get a ticket. Got a practise with Ben for some bagpipes gig I’m doing in a couple of weeks! Maybe a movie night at some stage.. Infact i think theres a lot of nights out planned.. but i really cant afford to go to them! I shall see. Cheers, bye bye

No comments: